Hong Kong, Oct 17, 2012 – (ACN Newswire) – Global partnerships are the cornerstone of investment success. Both Hon. Regis Immongault, Minister for Mines Energy in Gabon, and Hon. Patrick Sendolo, Minister of Land, Mines Energy in Liberia have this week confirmed their attendance in Hong Kong at the Africa Infrastructure Forum 2012 (31st Oct – 1st Nov) to build relationships with leading private sector players.
Hon. Immongault’s discussions are expected to focus on Gabon’s US$12bln infrastructure master plan and projects. The Ministers will be joined by regional stakeholders and investors to establish a trading post in China for Asia-wide investment development in African infrastructure projects. Central to this strategy is to firm up investor confidence from the private sector, drawing from a multitude of global players’ experience and their financial guarantees.
In addition, the African Development Bank will create a network of partnerships with the private sector to address the US$45bln yearly investment gap in infrastructure funding. Presenting prequalified projects, the Bank will use the forum as a platform to do deals and not simply talk about the potential of Africa.
Other stake-holders in attendance include:
- H.E. Elton Mangoma, Minister of Energy Power Development, Zimbabwe
- H.E. Patrick Achi Jerome, Minister for Infrastructure, Cote D’Ivoire
- Mr Teng Liliang, Chief Marketing Officer, China-Africa Development Fund, China
- Mr. Simon Sayore, Chairman, EWURA, Tanzania
- Haruna Masebu, Chief Executive, EWURA, Tanzania
- Karen Breytenbach, Senior Project Advisor, Financial Analyst PPP Unit, National Treasury Department, South Africa
- Dr. Adel Mounir Abd El-Hamied Rabeh, Deputy Chairman, Egyptian Financial Supervisory Authority, Egypt
- Michael Blades, Head – Corporate Banking Coverage China, Standard Bank, China
- Michael Walter, Managing Partner, South East Asia, Herbert Smith, China
- Tim Turner, Director Private Sector Operations, African Development Bank, Tunisia
- Neside Tas Anvaripour, Head of Infrastructure Finance PPP, African Development Bank, Tunisia
- Philippe Marcel Leclercq, Director, Private Sector Operations Department, Asia Development Bank, Philippines
- Bryonie Guthrie, Political Consul, South African Consulate General, China
- Dr Nnaemeka Ewelukwa, General Counsel and Company Secretary, Nigerian Bulk Electricity Trading Plc, Nigeria
- Mohamed Hassan, Secretariat Coordinator, Infrastructure Consortium for Africa, Tunisia
The event organiser EnergyNet welcomes Development Sponsor the African Development Bank along with sponsors Delta State Nigeria, DIDP, Delgenco, Allianz, EM Energy, Tractebel and AAA Global Services.
“At the Africa Infrastructure Forum in Hong Kong, we will bring projects and partnerships together to deliver tangible results in both the long and short term for international businesses and for African stakeholders leveraging natural resources to increase economic development,” said Neside Tas Anvaripour, Head of Infrastructure Finance PPP, African Development Bank, Development Sponsor, AIF:2012.
Event dates: 31st October- 1st November
Venue: Kowloon Shangri-La, Hong Kong
For more information contact:
Liz Owens, Marketing Manager
Tel: +44 20 7384 8068
Oct 17, 2012
Topic: Trade Show or Conference
Sectors: Gas Oil, Financial General, Energy General
From the Asia Corporate News Network
Copyright © 2012 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved. A division of Asia Corporate News Network.
Article source: http://en.acnnewswire.com/Article.Asp?Art_ID=11126